Home : Support : New Customers : Switch Providers
The process of changing hosting providers may seem like a difficult task at first; however,
by adhering to the following steps you can make the transition with minimal hassles:
- Obtain a full working copy of your website. This includes; all databases, scripts,
and other necessary files.
- Download or print out any e-mail address settings, passwords, log file data, or
statistic reports that you may want in the future.
- Signup for your new HyperTEK hosting account.
- Using the IP address you obtained during the signup process; upload your website
to the webserver.
- Install and configure any databases or scripts your website will require.
- Transfer domain name to HyperTEK's Domain Name Servers (DNS):
Primary Domain Name Server
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
Secondary Domain Name Server
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
Tertiary Domain Name Server
IP Address: 184.108.40.206
- Once the site has successfully been migrated to HyperTEK's servers, cancel your hosting
service with the previous hosting provider.
- Verify the e-mail settings in your e-mail client to make sure the settings are
configured for the new service (the mail server settings should be set to
"mail.yourdomain.com", where yourdomain.com is the name of your domain).
- Sit back and enjoy fast, reliable, scaleable and secure hosting service from HyperTEK.
Warning: Please pay extra attention when modifying (also referred to as
transferring) a domain name, since this step is where the most problems may occur.